Elementary grades build the foundations of learning. Students benefit from powerful hands-on activities and concrete experiences. They begin to develop a deeper understanding of the world around them. Our outdoor curriculum builds upon this enthusiasm by providing a diverse and profound educational environment.
Forest School Open House
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
For Grades K - 12
Meet our teachers and directors. Learn how Trackers Earth's nature-first approach to education cultivates life-long learning, resiliency, and in-depth academic study.
Elementary grades develop:
- A deepening knowledge of local plants and their practical uses
- Ability to identify less common mammal tracks in our region
- Ability to identify common local birds by sight and sound
- The ability to work independently on a project for progressively longer periods of time
- Self-planning for longer-term or more complicated projects
- Increasing capacity in literacy and composition
- Growing ability and application in mathematics to age level and beyond
- Comfort, resiliency, and competency out of doors in all conditions