Homeschool Wilderness & Crafts Classes Portland, Oregon
If your kid is imaginative, adventurous and loves the outdoors, there simply isn't a better camp experience. -Parent
Trackers is Portland's leader for education and adventure in wilderness lore and skills. Our instructors are the best in the field, teaching curriculum developed and designed by top outdoor educators.
Top 4 reasons to choose Homeschool Programs...
1) Real and compelling adventures At Trackers we mentor your child while they learn real and authentic skills. From bow making to blacksmithing, from wilderness survival to wild edible plants, our hands-on programs have no equal.
2) The best experience Trackers Earth is the original outdoor skills school of Portland. Our years of experience provides the highest caliber instruction and mentorship.
3) Strong team and social skills Our staff to student ratio allows for personal instruction. Counselor and kids become a strong learning team.
4) Respect We respect the competency of our students, believing children and teens are capable of so much more than our modern world asks of them. We raise the bar of personal accomplishment while gently guiding them to connect to the natural world and through our unique perspective on community building. We do more than simply teach about natural sciences and traditional life skills, we create a culture of learning and immersion in the out of doors.
5) Confidently the Best Staff. We enlist only the best for our camp team. Our instructors set a new standard for professional and personal experience. All Trackers camp staff go through a thorough background check and a lengthy interview process. They are expert instructors teaching authentic skills.
Bonus Voted the "Coolest Camp for Kids" by parents with Red Tricycle parents magazine and website.
Ages 6-17 Homeschool Outdoors Adventure Program (HOAP)
Every Monday (Half or full day, Hillsboro) and Wednesday (Full day, SE Portland) - This program immerses your child or teen in the wilderness. Our Homeschool Outdoor Adventure Program features wilderness survival, homesteading, wild plants, animal tracking, outdoor adventure, artisan crafts, and more! Every week we visit a local wild-land. Join us for an outdoor immersion program that truly serves as a rite of passage for your child.
Ages 4-5 Rovers Forest Preschool
Every Wednesday - We take nature preschool up a notch! Outdoor Adventure Kids offers real outdoor skills training and outdoor connection for young children. We may have our campers craft fish spears to hunt bullfrogs with, get their hands dirty planting a garden, and even learn to safely start campfires to stay warm by.
Ages 4-17 Homeschool Specialty Programs
3-hours, 1-day a week - Focus your skills in 3-hour sessions once a week. Blacksmith by the forge, craft your own traditional wood bow, train archery, and hone other essential arts of the Four Trackers Guilds: Rangers, Wilders, Artisans, and Mariners.
Ages 6-17 Archery Apprenticeship
9-months, 1-weekend a month - During the Archery Apprenticeship, Trackers instructors teach the art and craft of archery. Students learn diverse methods by training with both traditional and modern bows. They receive their Trackers Archery Certification applicable to skills on the range and in the field.
Ages 6-17 Rangers Apprenticeship
9-months, 1-weekend a month - Experienced mentors guide Rangers Apprentices through outdoor lore. Studies include wilderness survival, archery, stealth, wild plants, woodworking and animal tracking. Apprentices develop Rangers Certification for wilderness craft and leadership.
Ages 13-17 Scholarship Rangers Apprenticeship Service Program
Our Apprenticeship Service Program offers membership-based scholarships to our Rangers Apprenticeship. This scholarship requires far more commitment than the basic program and acceptance is based on an intensive application process.
Calendar for Homeschool Wilderness & Crafts Classes
Feb 24 - Mar 20
Ages 9-17 4-week session Blacksmithing 101 Tues, 9am-Noon
Mar 31 - April 24
April 28 - May 22