Do you want to train archery and stealth with our Rangers Guild?
A Year of Archery and Stealth Training
Join the ranks of the Archery Rangers! This apprenticeship program takes youth and teens on a journey through the many worlds of archery. We train with the traditional wood bow of our Rangers Guild and also use modern laminate, recurve, compound, longbow, and more. You become part of a team immersed in the following studies:
- Accuracy and Form
- Our craft includes target shooting on a line and 3D ranges, along with practical archery where you learn to loose arrows with accuracy from any stance and position.
- The Bow, The Arrow
- The bow and arrow becomes an extension of your self. Delve into its discipline and philosophy. Learn to care for it with respect and help it to last a lifetime. Also, hand craft a simple wood bow.
- Stealth Archery
- As an Archery Ranger you develop flow with the forest-training stealth and silence, camouflage and invisibility and Forest Craft skills specific to the Archers of the Rangers Guild.
How It Works
Mentoring Weekends Apprentices attend a training field-day one monthly Saturday or Sunday from September to June. They get time at the range with expert mentors in archery. Check out the class schedule.
Skills Evenings & Open Range There are also learning opportunities every week. Apprentices and their immediate family get free admission to our Skills Evenings (every Thursday) and our Open Archery Range (every Thursday, Friday, Saturday) where you can loose arrows anytime.
We recognize that older and younger archery students may have different needs. Each age group has its own mentor that specializes in training with that particular age. Age groups often travel together yet at the archery range, activities are separate:
- Grade 2-3: Archery Adventurer
- Field days teach the beginnings of new and fun Archery skills
- Grade 4-5: Archery Adventurer
- Field days truly immerse campers into the skill of Archery
- Grade 5-8: Archery Rangers
- Field days teach in-depth craft and Archery skills
- Grade 9-12: Archery Rangers
- Field days with intensive training in Archery skills
- September - June
- This program runs September to June. Field days are usually from 9am-4:30pm.
- Field Days + Community Events One Saturday or Sunday a month, 9am - 4:30pm. Check out the class schedule.Attend Skills Evenings (Thursday) or Open Archery Range (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) anytime. The option of over 200 more hours of program time for the entire family at no additional cost.