Special Halloween Skills Night
Thursday, October 29 6:30-8:30
Come to our family friendly skills club for special Halloween fun. Trackers staff, community members and friends celebrate the seasonal harvest, spirits and nature.
- Bring a pumpkin and carve it with the kids (We'll have some tools, but feel free to bring your own tools & we’ll provide the tarps and bowls)
- Work on a project of your own and get advice from Trackers staff.
- Bring a bushel apples to make into cider with our apple press.
- Kids come in costumes and "Track or Treat" at each skills station.
- Bring something to trade at our Trade Blanket.
- Our Archery Range and Forge will be open as usual. Please see our specifics on this page for how they work.
Also, memorialize a loved one by bringing something for our Dear and Departed Memorial Alter. Photos, poems, favorite items or foods. You can take it home with you at the end of the night.
Wilderness Skills Club is a family-friendly program where all ages are welcome. This is your opportunity for consistent practice and support while learning the skills of Trackers Earth. Bring a personal project to work on or join our instructors as they learn a skill alongside you!
The Four Guilds
- Rangers Guild
- Forest craft and wilderness survival, tracking and the Curriculum of Shadows.
- Wilders Guild
- Folk craft and homesteading, wild plants and the Wilders Garden.
- Mariners Guild
- Knots, fishing, navigation, boat building and the Ecological Compass.
- Artisans Guild
- Artisan crafts, improvisation, community leadership, storytelling and myth making.
Our Open Archery Range is available for free! Bring your own gear or rent ours for $5.
Every Thursday evening for Trackers Club we also fire up the blacksmith forge. If you taken a program with us before this is your opportunity to get more practice on the forge with the oversight of our instructors. Because blacksmithing requires specialized instruction and materials the forge has a fee of $15. Reservations for the forge are not required but highly recommended. Due to limited class size we cannot guarantee spot without a reservation.
- Important Note
- Our Blacksmithing Basics is required as a prerequisite.
All ages are welcome. Club events have an informal learning focus most useful for independent learners and adults. All children must be accompanied by an adult and parents are fully responsible for their children during the event.
- Every Thursday
- 6:30pm-8:30pm (with holiday & summer breaks)
- No Trackers Club
- Weekdays of, or weekends proceeding or following Labor Day, Thanksgiving (November 26, 2015), Christmas (December 24, 2015), New Years (December 31,2015 & January 7, 2016), Spring Break, Easter, Memorial Day, Summer Break
4617 SE Milwaukie Avenue,
Portland, OR 97202
General Admittance - Free
Archery Gear Rental - $5
Includes bow and 3 arrows
All ages, pay at the door
Blackmithing: Fuel & Material - $15
Contact us to reserve your spot
Ages 10–adult, pay at the door