Join Your Trackers Team!
You join a Trackers Team of four to eight fellow apprentices learning skills, sharing epic adventures, and developing in a leadership role at Trackers. Together your Team…
- Works with a Trackers Guide mentoring you and your team in traditional outdoor skills.
- Trains to be self-directed, empowered to craft your journey together as Trackers.
- Contributes to the greater community, helping younger Trackers, your families, and our elders.
- Forges a cohort of friends who are thoughtful and Truly Helpful to each other.
Learn Trackers Skills
Through monthly outdoor weekends and evening meetups you learn the skills of our four Trackers Guilds:
Rangers Guild - Stealth, Archery & Wilderness Survival Build shelters, light fires with no matches, and find water. Hone your archery skills at our range. Train in stealth scenarios to develop your awareness and tracking ability.
Wilders Guild - Animals, Folk Crafts & Wild Plants Tend to the animals on our Trackers Farm and Ranch. Make fiber arts and folk crafts. Forage for wild plants and cook fantastic meals and feasts over outdoor campfires.
Mariners Guild - Fishing, Boating & Orienteering Embark on boating and fishing adventures. Learn essential water safety and rescue skills. Practice timeless methods of orienteering and navigation by the sun and stars.
Artisans Guild - Crafts, Movement & Trackers Lore Craft art from clay, leather, and wood. Create epic live-action story adventures. Delve into Trackers Lore and Legend. Play the Game of Tracking by honing your mindfulness and awareness.
As a Tracker you follow the trails of deer, elk, fox, and bobcats to discover their mysteries. You also learn to decode bird language, using forest songs and calls to help find other wildlife.
Explore the Program Schedule
Fall to Spring, 1 overnight weekend a month & 1 optional evening a week
This program is made up of Weekend Overnights where you adventure and camp outdoors. Plus, our optional Evening Meetups where you connect with friends and Guides to learn new skills and prepare for your upcoming Weekend Overnights Schedule options below.
Weekend Overnights 8 total - Typically 1 weekend a month, Friday (5:30 PM) to Sunday (3:30 PM)
During Weekend Overnights you journey to the wilderness to camp out and train with your Trackers Team and Guide. Stay in tents in the fall and spring and in cabins in winter. Weekend Overnights include:
- 5 weekend overnights at our wilderness site in Sandy, Oregon for Rangers & Wilders skills.
- 1 weekend overnight camping at the coast foraging and training in Mariners skills.
- 1 weekend overnight at a snowy mountain lodge training in winter survival skills.
- 1 weekend overnight helping to lead the yearly Trackers Rendezvous for younger Trackers Teams.
Evening Meetups 23 total - Typically 1 Friday evening a week (4:30 PM - 6 PM)
During our optional Evening Meetups gather at Trackers Lodge in Portland, Oregon to connect with your Team. We share skills while planning for our Weekend Overnights. Evening Meetups are optional and include:
- Connecting with your Trackers Team, meeting friends and mentors.
- Training in Trackers skills—wood carving, archery, compass work, and more.
- Planning for your next Weekend Overnight—preparing gear, activities, food, and more.
- Evening Meetups are typically every Friday afternoon with holiday breaks (see schedule).
Seasonal Gatherings 6 total - Weekday evenings or Weekends during the day
Trackers families can attend Seasonal Gatherings filled with food, fun, and connection. Organized by Trackers Teams, these events are and optional and include:
- Family Picnic Welcome the autumnal harvest with festivities, food, and music.
- Track-or-Treat Trick-or-treat on a fun and mysterious tracking trail through the Trackers Lodge.
- Holiday Party Herald the arrival of winter with food and friends at our Holiday Party.
- Garden PartyHelp plant our gardens for summer and fall in Sandy, Oregon.
- Family Lodge Celebrate in the Trackers Lodge with all our families in one Grand Evening.
- Graduation Wrap our year together with a community potluck and BBQ.
Get a Trackers Teams Membership
Register and receive a Trackers Teams Membership for your full year (Sept - August). This includes:
- 8 Weekend Overnights, 23 Evening Meetups, 6 Seasonal Family Gatherings
- A Trackers T-Shirt, Trackers Woodcarving Guide & monthly Trackers Journal.
- 50% off the Trackers Archery Range for immediate family members (free during Seasonal Gatherings).
- 10% off other Trackers programs for the registered Trackers Apprentice. Includes all programs occurring from program start to the end of following summer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or scholarships.
Tuition includes all Weekend Overnights, Evening Meetups and Seasonal Gatherings. Reserve your place with a $184 non-refundable deposit, then 9 monthly payments of $250 (total $2,434). Your first payment is due August 31.
Returning Student Discount Apprentices returning from a previous program year (within Fall to Spring) receive a 15% discount. Use your discount code (emailed) or Contact Us at email@example.com to receive one.
Need Financial Help? We offer Opportunity & Merit Scholarships of 5% - 15% off. Up to a $200 discount off the full tuition. It's quick and easy to apply.
Please note, scholarships and multiple discounts cannot be combined.