Manage a team of Teaching Coordinators (4-6 teachers). Independently operate & implement field logistics. Seasonal & Year-Round positions available. Act as a mentor for teams of Teachers and youth. Collaborate with families and Trackers leadership to deliver the highest quality experience for campers.
- Option - Basecamp (Onsite Camp) Oversee teams implementing our speciality arts, crafts, and movement programs located at our Basecamp HQ. Programs include:
- Early Childhood Programs
- Arts, Crafts & Handwork
- Maker, DIY & Building Skills
- Fitness, Martial Arts & Movement
- Role-Playing Games, Tabletop & Game Design
- Audio Visual Media & Podcasting
- Option - Adventure (Transport Camp) Drive the bus. Lead one of our speciality outdoor programs based on skills and experience:
- Forest Craft, Archery & Wilderness Survival
- Farm Craft, Animal Care & Wild Plants
- Mariners Craft, Fishing & Boating
- Outdoor Adventure, Paddling & Rock Climbing
- Woodworking, Ceramics, Blacksmithing & more!
- Required - Adventure (Transport Camp) Drive school bus with CDL Class B. We can help you get this!
- Provide fun, engaging, and safe experiences for campers and co-workers
- Manage, administer, and run the daily operations of a Basecamp (Onsite Camp) or Adventure (Transported Camp)
- Communicate with guardians about needs, accomplishments, and expectations of campers
- Anticipate and exceed the needs and expectations of Trackers Earth campers and families
- Model, teach, and maintain proper gear and tool usage, care, and organizational tidiness
- Observe and document staff performance evaluations, executing development strategies
- Communicate and document safety and behavior incidents
- Keep and safeguard confidential information
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Supervise, mentor, and evaluate Teachers & Guides
- Co-plan and organize curriculum with the team
- Senior Coordiantors operating during seasonal break camps manage teams during camp days. During our school-year mentoring programs they educate, and teach youth while leading teams of kids in our pre-school age, kindergarten, after school, homeschool, and apprenticeship programs. Not all seasonal Senior Managers continue to school year progarms. There are limited year-round positions available.
- 1+ years (or 3 seasons) experience in outdoor education or 2+ years in general education
- 1+ season experience leading and managing adult teams, preferably in outdoor or educational settings.
- Experience with outdoor programs similar to Trackers and/or skills relevant to Trackers programs
- Can exercise independent judgment that reflects Trackers policies and protocols, while managing campers and staff in remote locations with limited support
- Can coordinate, adapt and plan for complex logistics, and be flexible in working with challenges
- Possess grit, becoming more calm, creative, and proactive when challenged
- Can stand, bend, squat, climb, lift (up to 50 lbs), hike on and off trail (up to 5 miles) per day
- Trackers Earth completes pre-employment criminal background & references checks
- Coordinators need the following certifications (or able to complete before starting):
- CPR/First Aid/Anaphylaxis & Epinephrine Auto-Injector
- Food Handlers
- (ages 18+) Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect (OR & WA)
- State fishing license if guiding a program that includes fishing
- Completed Vaccinations for COVID-19 (verification required)
- Required - Adventure (Transport Camp) Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) required for driving a Bus. Trackers can assist you in getting this certification.
Program educators are not assigned to a fixed worksite. You must be able to report to any assigned workplace location in Portland (SE, NE, W, N).
All training is paid at minimum wage for locality training takes place. After training staff are established at the regular wage (below).
- Bascamp (Onsite)
- Training Local Minimum Wage
- Senior Coordinator (Assistant Manager) $800 per week
- Senior Coordinator (Manager) $840 per week
- Adventure (Transport Camp)
- Senior Coordinator (Assistant Manager) $900 per week
- Senior Coordinator (Manager - First Year) $940 per week
- Senior Coordinator (Manager - Returning) $1070 per week
- Senior Coordinator (Manager - Year-Round) $48,880 per year + PTO, medical benefits
- Start Date Earliest start date Feb 19. Latest start date May 30. Full summer commitment.
- Summer Season May 1 - Sept 8
Depending on their role, Senior Coordinator have differing start and training dates.
Adventure (Transport Camp) to get yor CDL (Commercial Drivers License) we reccomend a minimum of 8 weeks prior to summer to obtain this certification so you can drive the bus.
Senior Coordinators must be able to commit to the full summer and any prior training and finishing duties. Full-time, year-round staff must commit to all break camps, trainings, and program start and end dates.
Since 2004, kids and extended families in all their forms have journeyed on adventures with Trackers Earth and our Guides. We share the Arts of Tracking through stewardship and enduring outdoor skills. We commit to developing opportunity by respecting the diverse cultures and values of every Guide, youth, and family serving with us. We endeavor to grow with families for the increased accessibility of these experiences. We define ourselves by an ever deeper kinship to the more than human world, multi-generational character, and the principles discovered and found in the quietest moments with the forest.