Join the Trackers village. Provide for your clan, connect with nature and be ready to thrive through anything the world throws at you. Our outdoor immersion programs offer expert instruction in wilderness survival, tracking, wild plants, homesteading, stealth and awareness, restoration ecology, and archery.
Build Sustainable Community
Immersion means long-term and in-depth training. In our outdoor immersion programs, you join a college of highly-focused individuals studying natural craft and traditional skills.
How it works
Many of our immersion programs take place over the course of an entire year, occurring up to one or several weekends a month. Others last less than three-months with an intensive focus on a subject.
Core Immersion Courses
- 9-months Wilderness Survival Immersion
- Spend a year studying outdoor skills. Expert instructors teach wilderness survival, bushcraft and tracking. Each month, craft a piece of essential gear for your primitive survival kit (while discarding its modern equivalent). You also gain vital skills of awareness and survival knowledge. Finally, test that experience and preparation in a one week spring survival trek.
- 1-year Environmental Educator Internship Program
- 9-weeks as a paid intern instrutor in our summer camps. Optional 1-weekend a month of skills training September to June. Get paid while also studying to be an outdoor skills educator in Trackers Earth's unique model of environmental education
Specialty Immersion Courses
- 9-months Archery Training Immersion
- 1-weekend a month immersed in the sport and art of archery. Our instructors provide expert coaching in archery fundamentals while bridging into more advanced skills.
- 9-months Blacksmithing Immersion
- Our 9-month training program in the art of blacksmithing. Learn to blacksmith by the Trackers forge by fire, hammer and anvil.
Youth Apprenticeship Courses
Trackers Apprenticeships are the opportunity for youth to work with highly experienced mentors in wilderness skills and sustainability.
- Grade 1-12 Rangers Apprenticeship
- Youth work with experienced mentors to develop authentic outdoor skills applicable to all aspects of life, learning, and leadership.
- Grade 5-12 Wilders Apprenticeship
- Youth train in the seasonal harvest of wild plants, restorative caretaking for the land, homestead crafts, woodworking, animal husbandry and even outdoor cooking.
- Grade 2-12 Archery Apprenticeship
- Intensive training program for any teen or youth interested in archery as a practice and art.
Compare us to the Others
Other Wilderness and Outdoor Skills schools offer year-long immersion programs. We urge you to compare or intensive training with other programs, both locally and nationally. Trackers recognizes the value that deep wilderness immersion training offers to our community. We work hard to commit and donate exemplary resources to keep our program up to one-third the cost of similar courses while maintaining the most intensive and professional level of skills mentoring and certification available anywhere.